CARAVAN WALLBOARD TAPE APPLICATION GUIDELINES
We have been providing the industry with self-adhesive wallboard jointing tape from our inception. Our finished jointing strips are moisture stable, plasticizer resistant and will adhere to both embossed and debossed surfaces. The specialist acrylic adhesive system has been carefully developed and modified, ensuring that the adhesive will perform on both paper backed vinyl and cellulose, including the current Superflex varieties in both solid colour and multiprint lacquered designs. Careful preparation and application will ensure maximum performance in all environments and will ensure 100% satisfaction with our products.
1) Clean surface thoroughly as per application guidelines
2) Heat surface to the required application temperature
3) Apply using firm pressure – Adhesive is pressure sensitive
4) Leave for 48 hours for a full bond to develop before use
When applying wallboard tape it is important to ensure that the surface you are adhering to is prepared correctly. The surface must be clean and contaminant free, a clean dry surface is essential. Use a lint free cloth and IPA cleaner to remove all surface contaminants – DO NOT use methylated spirits/petrol/white spirits etc as these leave behind a thin greasy residue. Ensure prepared surface is above 10 degree Celsius.
When applying the wallboard tape, peel back part of the release liner and then press the adhesive firmly onto the prepared surface, and slowly keep peeling back the release liner while applying the wallboard tape. Try to ensure that the tape is not taut.
Once applied, press the wallboard tape down firmly using even pressure ( Decorating rollers are excellent for this ) This is especially important on embossed surfaces to allow the adhesive to ‘wet’ into the textured surface. If correctly applied, the tape will form an instant bond, you will get maximum benefits from the adhesive system after 48 hours.
COMMON APPLICATION ERRORS
1) Surface is prepared using incorrect cleaner
2) Surface is cleaned using inappropriate material (Use a lint free cloth)
4) Surface is below application temperature
5) Wallboard tape is below application temperature
7) Incorrect pressure applied during application (Imperative on textured surfaces)